Friday 16 September 2011

A day to remember !

  Thoughts of my school days filled my mind, brought out a smile on my lips as i boarded the academy bus to visit dehradun today.. The buses started out of the academy one by one and here i was, reliving my school days - with the antaksharis and games that were played among my friends in the bus amidst spectacular mountains which were breathtakingly pierced by the clouds. The scenic view was so good that i tucked into a corner quietly to admire it and to listen to some soul stirring music..
                                                                    The visits to NIVH - national institute for visually handicapped and raphael (a NGO for care of special children ) brought in a sea of inspirations into me.Being a doctor, I have seen a lot of physically challenged people in the hospitals but the thing that always struck me was to take care of their health and their cure in terms of physical health alone but what i saw today was truly remarkable - people without vision, people with special needs were operating computers, making papers, weaving baskets, reading, writing and what not ! everyone of them would have failed in their attempts to learn things but they kept doing their jobs and reached pinnacles of efficiency.Their hardwork,dedication,determination, togetherness really taught me lots of lessons, most important being that "human spirit can never be handicapped".. I left those places with moist eyes but with a stronger heart and greater will to serve my fellow beings..   
                 Evening was spent with my friends - shopping,coffee,chuckling along,shopping,dinner and then rushing onto the academy. Today has also been very special to me as its the wedding anniversary of my parents.Though i wasnt around with them this time, having spent the day with such wonderful children has given me great satisfaction indeed.
                                                   Iam off to bed now, with prayers in my heart and lips for those lovely children and my "best" parents ! Oops ! tomorrow is a saturday- trek day ! phew... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 

1 comment:

  1. Thats an inspiring note Karthi! May all ur dreams come true.. Miles to go! Wishes to ur parents! God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete