Saturday 17 September 2011

lal tibba

Felt blessed to wake up at 7 as there was no morning PT today because of the trek. following my customary of not taking bath on trek days, went straight to mess and filled up my stomach. Trek started at 8.45 and seemed "picnicy" and harmless entirely.My friend devender wanted me to walk fast in the beginning and get an "early advantage" over the pack.And we had it.. we were among the first few to come out of the academy.. But Lots of chatter, photography in between left us at the tail as usual.. plus we followed a wrong trial and were "officially" the last among 264 people who took the trek. Still laughing around, i looked at a nearby mountain and found that our people were almost on top of the next hill ! now i had to finish this hill then go there, and climb that one. I huffed, puffed and reached the place in the next hill where i had earlier seen my colleagues. With immense pride i looked up - i hadnt even climbed 25 % of that hill ! I climbed, climbed and climbed.. Our PT instructor kept reassuring me for almost 2 hours, that it was the last 15mins of the trek. Finally after 4 hours of struggle i was on the top of the hill - at 6600 feet and clouds just passing by me. I proudly trotted out into the open field, to find that most of my colleagues had finished the trek and were having their lunch..
                                 At lunch, i was the champion as usual.. after another round of bullying with my friends and photography, i returned to the academy. I also happened to see a place called "charbagh" which i heard, sachin tendulkar visits often. So thats the end of "conditioning trek " 3 and i can see the upcoming himalayan trek smiling at me sarcastically ! planning to have a quiet evening and a heavy dinner.. and a heavier sleep !

2 comments:

  1. beautifully illustrated.. lol... i cant imagine climbing so much.. coz i literally was breathless climbing the golconda fort yest at hyderabad.. anyways.. keep posting.. i ll follow

    ReplyDelete